Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Ball Wreath, now $17!

So we, meaning Rebecca and I, decided that using italics was going to be "my thing." 

Anyway, I decided after a year of whining I was going to do it, I was going to make a Christmas ball  ornament wreath. I went to Dollar Tree and bought all the red, green, and silver ornaments they had. I also found a few stocking stuffers for the twins. $20 and an unknown amount of Christmas balls later, I started hot gluing the top onto the ball. I want to note I am a cheesy Christmas movie junkie. I love watching the Hallmark channel during this time of year and occasionally I will actually switch to the Lifetime channel. Don't shoot me, it's my guilty pleasure :).  So to keep the mood going, I had my cheesy Christmas movies playing.
Finally about halfway through the hot gluing process I stopped burning myself with the glue. So I thought, "Hey, success! I'm getting better at this thing!"
By this time my husband thought I was nuts. He kept asking me, "why are you doing this?" Who knows, because we can't afford the wreath I want? Because I want to have something I've made? Because I want to?
The glue was done and since I'm an awesome mom, I snuck into the twins' room and grabbed a wire hanger. NO MORE WIRE HANGERS...EVER!!!! I made it into a circle-ish shape and started getting the balls on. It didn't turn out too bad and I bought some little balls at Target to fill in some gaps in the wreath. 


I was/am so proud of this wreath, it looks great! 

So what the hell do I see in the Target ad on Sunday? 4 days later?????
A Christmas ball wreath on sale for SEVENTEEN freaking dollars! Bastards.


Now I'm in the process of making some felt garland for the tree. Don't worry I will use felt and hot glue. Shall I attempt sewing? Rebecca seems to think I should, what does she know? 



























No comments:

Post a Comment